- If Barbie was an actual woman, she would be 5’9” tall, have a 39” bust, an 18” waist, 33” hips and a size 3 shoe.
- Barbie calls this a “full figure” and likes her weight at 110 lbs.
- At 5’9” tall and weighing 110 lbs, Barbie would have a BMI of 16.24 and fit the weight criteria for anorexia. She likely would not menstruate.
- If Barbie was a real woman, she’d have to walk on all fours due to her proportions.
- Slumber Party Barbie was introduced in 1965 and came with a bathroom scale permanently set at 110 lbs with a book entitled “How to Lose Weight” with directions inside stating simply “Don’t eat.”
I find things like this sickening. Barbie is a symbol of nearly every girl's childhood, and for them to essentially promote eating disorders such as anorexia is unacceptable...
Sure, mattel have became a lot more careful since 1965, but the fact that someone, somewhere thought that it was a suitable gimmick to be promoting to young children were, quite simply, insane.