About Me

My photo

Blogger, full-time bum and proud owner of a rubber duck named Bert. Come say hi. I don't bite. Unless you're a cheesecake, then I'd recommend backing away slowly.

Wednesday, 13 July 2011

I'd go to a festival if...

Ten of these bands/artists were playing:


Paramore
Say Anything
Pink
Jessie J
New Found Glory
Gavin Degraw
The Swellers
Motion City Soundtrack
We Are The In Crowd
AC/DC

Butch Walker and the Black Widows
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rise Against
The Script
My Chemical Romance
Myke Black
Panic! At The Disco
Jimmy Eat World
Katy Perry
Good Charlotte
All American Rejects
Smash Mouth
Francesqa
Coldplay
Young Guns
Two Door Cinema Club
Beyonce
Snow Patrol
Stereophonics
Rihanna
Green Day
Bowling For Soup
Foo Fighters
Hard-Fi
Gym Class Heroes
Farewell Fighters
All Time Low
Florence and the machine
You Me At Six
Adam Lambert
Fall Out Boy (Their only on a break after all!)
Athlete
Jason Mraz
Forever the Sickest Kids
Bare Naked Ladies (the band, not... y'know)
The Caesars
Lady Gaga
Feeder
Lostprophets
HelloGoodbye
Kings Of Leon
Athlete
The Killers
The Fray
Boys Like Girls

Chris Cornell
Laura Izibor
Linkin Park
The Kooks
The Wombats

Adele
The Downtown Fiction
The Naked and Famous
Every Avenue
Fun.
Mike Posner
Mayday Parade
Eels
Wakey!Wakey!
Leona Lewis (She's got some voice)
Paolo Nutini
Zarif
30 Seconds To mars
Orson
The Rasmus
Lights Out Dresden
OneRepublic
I Fight Dragons
McFly
Jack Johnson
That Sunday Feeling
Keane
Biffy Clyro
Kaiser Chief
VersaEmerge
Ed Sheeran
Jack's Mannequin
Maroon 5
Simple Plan
The xx
MGMT
The Mid-Summer Classic
Nada Surf
Bruno Mars
OK Go
Polor Bear Club
Autumn In Disguise
Razorlight
Natalie Taylor
Christina Grimmie


I've probably forgotten some of them, but they are the major ones!


If they were all playing one festival? I'd die. Seriously, that would be my dream festival.


Which names would you need to see on a festival line-up before you agreed to go?


Lauren xxx

7 comments:

  1. Can I turn that question on its head somewhat and pose you a quiz question, Lauren. Based on what you know of me (which is possibly more than you wish, but by no means the full story yet!!), can you guess which 10 of those I would choose? There's something to fill a few minutes of your holiday! Prize if you get it right? I'll have a think about that...
    Steve (yet again!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these choices. This would make for an awesome festival.
    I love your blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you like Paramore (obviously! We met in the PFC forums!), We Are The In Crowd, Jimmy Eat World, Francesqa and Young Guns so that's five...

    And... Mayday Parade, All Time Low, Foo Fighters, Kaiser Chiefs and Greenday? So not sure about those five!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thank you so much! It really means a lot to me. And yes, I'd love it if someone out there would make this festival a reality... it would be insane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking of billing my comments as: Random responses from a random guy. Do you think there's a certain symmetry there?
    Well, the scores are in and you got..... 5 out of 10, with 2 near misses. My 10 from your list, in alphabetical order, are:

    AC/DC
    Biffy Clyro
    Boys Like Girls
    Foo Fighters
    Jimmy Eat World
    Lostprophets
    Paramore (headliners, obv!)
    VersaEmerge
    We Are The In Crowd
    Young Guns

    Near misses? Every Avenue (toss of a coin between them and Boys Like Girls)
    Francesqa (only because I've seen them, as you know, and I haven't seen some of the others
    Kaiser Chiefs (would be there if I could turn the clock back to their earlier stuff)
    And the coupon buster... Leona Lewis. Would like to hear her live to find out if her vocals are as striking as they seem recorded.

    Now you've put me in list territory, so I'll BBL with my Top 10 of my favourite bands/shows I've seen live (note: I won't call it best bands because that's so subjective!)

    And can I close by agreeing with your other correspondent. Loving your work, Lauren - as I think you might know!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Random responses from a random guy, I like it!

    Was very tempted to put down Biffy and AC/DC, would have never have guessed Boys Like Girls, or that Leona Lewis would be a near miss! But you know what they say, you learn something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's no point being boring and predictable. I'm currently droolimg over my list of 10 favourite gigs. Now that WOULD be a show! Any guesses? I'll give you a clue - there's one Scottish band among them!

    ReplyDelete