And seen as the blog is called "Confessions of a movie geek", what better blog post to write than a movie themed one?!
- Fight Club
- Requiem for A Dream <= Most disturbing film I have ever watched.
- Pulp Fiction <= The trailer doesn't explain the film. At all.
- The Dark Knight
- Sin City
- Se7en <= Watch it. Please. If one more "WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!" reference goes by unrecognised, I will combust.
- Forrest Gump
- American Beauty
- The Prestige
- The Green Mile
- Black Swan <= Ending was so awesome it paralysed me.
- Dead Poets Society
- Mary and Max
- Shutter Island
- Life is beautiful <= So what if it's in Italian? That's what subtitles are for. It's a life affirming film and it's one you need to watch.
- A beautiful mind
Half of them, you probably have never heard of. That makes me upset.
A good movie can help you escape from your troubles. They can set you free.
A great movie can change your life. They allow you to pinpoint what is important in your life, what is worth fighting for, what your aspirations are, what you are doing wrong with your life, and what you can do to right it.
A good movie quote can stifle a few laughs in the movie theatre, they can affect the audience member in that precise moment, when it enters their consciousness, later to be forgotten about, but at that precise moment? It affect them on some strange level.
A great movie quote helps shape your life.
"Only after disaster can we be resurrected"
This is why I love movies. They can be deep, or merely a piece of escapism. They can make you laugh, they can make you cry, if they come from Pixar, they are guaranteed to make you do both.
Watch these films, come back, and tell me that you didn't feel something raging in your gut whilst watching them. Some inexplicable feeling of enlightenment or a sense of witnessing cinematic history. That feeling? That is the reason my fellow movie geeks and I watch movies. Pop culture is a religion. Don't let someone tell you otherwise.
P.S. 34 minutes until the end of the world. Going to go get ready for bed. I love sleeping through major events.